I have worn hearing aids now for eight years and will not look back! It was an amazing journey! I remember:
- Hearing the tap tap tapping of the keys on the computer keyboard...I didn't know they made such a sound!
- Walking out to my truck after the first time I got fitted with hearing aids and my stereo in my truck just about blew my head off (I guess my kids were right! I do listen to music too loud!)
- The itchy ear canals I had for the first little bit until I got used to them,
- Remembering where I put them,
- To clean and check, the basics.
Remembering to put them on everyday was the easiest for me to get used to. When it came to trying to get them on! WOW....I used to use two hands to get one hearing aid on, NOW, I can put both of them on with both hands at the same time!
It goes to show you that when you practice, or just do something, everyday...you have no choice but to get good at it!
A big thank you to everyone who is trying hearing aids. Hearing is truly believing
- Lisa Ballegeer